Systems Software Engineer (ADAS OTA)
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Shared C&A Ops (4081) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz R&D Sunnyvale is looking for a Systems Software Engineer (ADAS OTA), committed to designing the future for Mercedes-Benz.
Our team is end-to-end responsible for the entire remote update process of the Autonomous Driving system, involved in software generation – backend services – security – in vehicle communication – customer process – flashing - application updates - etc.
We are looking for a candidate to take up this exciting hands-on technical role. The candidate will be working on integrating and developing the ADAS vehicle software update system, responsible for updating all parts of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz ADAS system.
The primary duties include integrating domain application software with underlying platform services, developing code on firmware level, analyzing test reports, and working with development engineers to resolve issues. The candidate will work within cross-functional international teams that are responsible for developing and testing low level software.
It is expected that this person possesses an interest in learning and in contributing to the state-of-the-art in automation, debugging, and analysis tools related to software testing.
This exciting role will be instrumental for the future competitiveness of Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Support the OTA SW update development in an agile setup
- Review System and Software Level Requirements
- Foster cross-functional teamwork and promote collaboration, coordination, and consistent communication among stakeholders
- Develop prototype and demonstration programs for evaluation of usability, utility, and performance
- Contribute to engineering activities and development support for multiple phases of ongoing projects including concept definition, prototyping, specification and product development
- Contribute to collaboration with various engineering groups to conduct trade-off analysis and support decisions being made related to performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, and quality of the OTA process
- On-site presence is required for working on Hardware and vehicle setups
- Learn Automotive specific standards
- Occasional international travel might be required
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 0-3 years of experience
- Demonstrated Interest in embedded software development, integration, and testing
- Ability to work in Linux programming environments
- Experience in Python and C++
- Knowledge in developing software on embedded systems
- Knowledge in virtualization and containerization
- Knowledge in continuous integration systems and script automation
- Familiarity with development and testing methodologies, such as test-driven development, and behavior driven development
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills, ability to identify and surface issues within complex hardware/software systems
- Possess strong initiative, problem solving skills, and ability to work in a diverse and distributed team environment
- Ability to investigate and debug problems
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Familiarity with model-based system engineering and the V software lifecycle model
- COMPUTER SCIENCE:
- Experience working with continuous integration systems and script automation
- Experience with cryptographic protocols
- Experience in development of safety critical systems
- Hands-on experience development of embedded systems in the automotive industry
- Knowledge in software integration and testing with Adaptive AUTOSAR in the automotive domain
- Experience with E/E integration and signal tracing as well as automotive communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, MOST, etc.)
- Computer network programming experience, and familiarity with known protocols (e.g. Ethernet and CAN)
- Experience with tools to debug automotive interfaces (e.g. Vector Tools, CANoe, etc.)
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $122,700-$153,400.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS