Senior Technical Product Owner – Activation
Seattle, WA /
Cloud & Connectivity – Seattle Hub (4089) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This center will be responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on products with highly available APIs leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the products will be launched worldwide, impacting the lives of millions of people.
The Product Owner will be responsible for ideation, specification, prioritization and acceptance of products and features developed by the engineering team. The Product Owner will be the local representative of both the internal stakeholders and the end user of the software.
Successful candidates will operate in an agile environment, focus on their customers' needs, strive to continuously improve their product, drive the roadmap and resolve dependencies for other team members.
- Ownership of cloud products and services.
- Understanding and advocating customer and stakeholder needs.
- Influencing product vision and laying out a roadmap to move towards it.
- Detailed project planning and management.
- Presenting the product and it's status to leadership.
- Coordination of development process and teams.
- Operational support as needed.
- Participating in Scrum meetings such as grooming, planning, review and retrospective.
- Breaking down features into workable items.
- Actively demonstrating cross-functional collaboration with engineers and stakeholders in Germany and other US locations.
- Building a network of project relevant colleagues.
- Assisting with recruiting and hiring of team members.
- Identifying and gathering required data to make informed decisions.
- Mentoring team members.
- Occasional travel to Germany.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of common cloud services and APIs, as well as the impact of scale and performance.
- Full proficiency in Scrum and Kanban. Ability to adapt processes to stakeholder needs and introducing major improvements to the process.
- Strong communication skills.
- Pro-active working style and mindset to drive innovation.
- Experience with agile organizations and international teams.
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) Certification.
- Experience with development and business processes within a large organization.
- Experience with DevOps teams and culture.
- Experience with micro service-based infrastructure.
- 5+ years of overall experience.
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $118,200 - $147,700
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS