Farmington Hills, MI /
Powertrain – eDrive Software (4059) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Research works in the electric motor control algorithms design and development activities for electrified powertrain. Interact with universities, customer and team members and provide solutions and support to meet customers’ expectation.
- Advancing the e-motor control technology through the use of innovation methods, tools and processes. Establishing best practices for e-motor related analysis, controls and testing.
- Perform the E-Motor control algorithm development in Simulink/TargetLink models, auto code generation, algorithm verification and validation through simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, dyno tests, and other prototype test environment. Deliver system performance that meet the customer’s expectation.
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Electric motor control/Power electronics background.
- Familiar with Rapid prototype tools, such as DSPACE/Micro Autobox/FPGA.
- Familiar with Matlable/TargetLink 4. Familiar with C language.
- Knowledge of power electronics in electric drive systems.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred or PhD candidate.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS