Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI /
Powertrain – eDrive Software (4059) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Design, implement, integrate and test embedded software/firmware for embedded controllers, primarily in the electric drive unit applications. Development areas include software architecture, basic software/firmware, safety features, diagnostic services, OBD, cybersecurity and bootloader. Work on defining build environment, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) automations in an agile SW development environment.
This role will work on defining the future e-drive systems for Mercedes-Benz cars worldwide, including our EQ, G-class, and AMG brands.
- Development, implementation and configuration of basic software using AUTOSAR architecture. Consider specific coding guidelines and requirements for various target applications. Align daily work to process framework provided by A-SPICE and ISO26262.
- Development and implementation of End-Of-Line and service diagnostics including bootloader, flash routines and torque safety Level 3.
- Define test concept on unit and integration level for Basic SW and execute main tests on unit level.
- Act as technical interface to component supplier and coordinate integration of SW components that are developed extern.
- Support SW Architect and Application SW development in documentation of SW interfaces and conceptual decisions.
- Support software integration, documentation and product Application Life Cycle Management through in-house tool development and software development tool selection.
- Ability to serve as a multiplier, providing technical extertise and direction to more junior members of the team.
- All activities described here require familiarity with and willingness to apply agile SW development methodologies (familiarity with SAFe principles is a plus)
- BS Computer Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years of experience
- Embedded software development and general computer architecture knowledge C/C++/Java programming language and build toolchains for embedded SW Software debugging tools like Lauterbach debugger
- Familiarity with agile SW development methodologies like SCRUM or similar (Scaled Agile framework knowledge is a plus)
- Understanding of AutoSAR architectures and ability to configure BSW stacks from OTS suppliers
- Familiarity with RTOS
- Established and productive professional individual contributor
- Works independently with general supervision
- Effective communicator, may influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices
- MS. Degree or equivalent in electrical or computer science engineering, preferably with a focus on power electronics and embedded systems
- German language is a plus
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS