Senior Systems Software Engineer (ADAS OTA)
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – OTA, Software Integration (4081) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz R&D Sunnyvale is actively seeking a Senior Systems Software Engineer (ADAS OTA) who is dedicated to shaping the future of Mercedes-Benz through the introduction of Delta Updates for Autonomous Driving.
Our team takes complete ownership, end-to-end, of the entire remote update process of the Autonomous Driving system. This vast responsibility spans from software generation, backend services, and security, to in-vehicle communication, customer processes, flashing, and application updates, working along the full process chain both onboard and offboard.
In this challenging, hands-on technical role, the selected candidate will play a crucial part in ensuring that Delta Updates are flawlessly integrated into our established processes. This integration needs to meet all compliance targets and promises timely solution delivery, thus significantly enhancing the efficiency and performance of our Autonomous Driving systems.
- Ensure the seamless integration of Delta Updates into existing processes, meeting all compliance objectives.
- Design solutions that adhere to stringent security and safety standards.
- Collaborate with development engineers to improve and address concerns.
- Specify requirements tailored for the update process.
- Integrate vehicle level code (C++) delivered by partnering teams
- Implement tooling ci/cd solutions using and tools and languages like Linux, bash scripting, and Python.
- Organize and streamline the testing process, ensuring robustness and reliability.
- Integrate domain application software with core platform services.
- Work as an integral part of the team responsible for updating all components of the forthcoming Mercedes-Benz ADAS system.
- Engage actively within cross-functional international teams dedicated to crafting and testing foundational software.
- Showcase a keen interest in continuous learning, staying updated with the advancements in automation, debugging, and analysis tools relevant to software testing.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Strong interest in embedded software development, with proven integration and testing experience.
- Proficiency in Linux programming, Python, and C++.
- Expertise in embedded system software development.
- Familiarity with virtualization, containerization, and continuous integration systems.
- Knowledge of test-driven and behavior-driven development methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, especially in complex system environments.
- Proactive approach with a strong initiative and capability to work effectively in a distributed team.
- Skills in debugging and problem investigation.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- 5-7 years experience
- Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- Familiarity with model-based system engineering and the V software lifecycle model
- Experience working with continuous integration systems and script automation
- Experience with cryptographic protocols
- Experience in development of safety critical systems
- Hands-on experience development of embedded systems in the automotive industry
- Knowledge in software integration and testing with Adaptive AUTOSAR in the automotive domain
- Experience with E/E integration and signal tracing as well as automotive communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet, MOST, etc.)
- Computer network programming experience, and familiarity with known protocols (e.g. Ethernet and CAN)
- Experience with tools to debug automotive interfaces (e.g. Vector Tools, CANoe, etc.)
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $135,000 - $168,800.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS