Vehicle Operations Manager
Long Beach, CA /
Test Operations – Vehicle Ops (4039) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is looking for a strong, passionate and enthusiastic Fleet Operations Specialist who can lead our vehicle operations team in our regional office in Long Beach, CA.
The US Experience team drives to establish Mercedes Benz as a technology leader in the US luxury segment by translating the combined (one) US voice of the customer in impactful propositions that enhance the customer experience and create market pull. Our goal is to deliver research and broad knowledge that can influence and drive innovation in the US market In terms of improved features and different touch points throughout the customer journey.
Our vehicle operations team manages all of our vehicle programs, vehicle assets, driver qualifications, insurance, and internal vehicle policies and procedures. In this role you will collaborate with all
departments and employees across are North American offices to ensure MBRDNA’s fleets runs as an efficient operational unit with a “best or nothing” fleet management standard.
If you are excited to be involved with Mercedes-Benz and MBRDNA transformation and have a strong passion for the automotive industry we would love to hear from you.
- Manage and lead a team responsible for all of MBRDNA’s vehicle programs, vehicle assets, driver qualifications, insurance, and internal vehicle programs, policies and procedures
- Lead the Customer Car Clinics, On-Site Coordination for Testing at the Nissan Proving Grounds and US Test Drive activities
- Overlook Vehicle Operations team activities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
- Drive, optimize and improve main end to end processes, looking for synergies and efficiencies, always focusing on customer feedback
- Manage providers and collaborate with other entitites in and outside of the US to ensure team provides best in class service
- Manage budget and overall spend with transparency and attention to detail
- Apply continuous improvement philosophy in delivering results
- Develop and manage functional dashboards to report deliverables and progress versus plan
- Develop and foster a high performing team with high engagement, retention and performance
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning opportunities
- Provide effective performance management and feedback to employees
- Ability to effectivtely communicate complex topics to various maangement levels
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Finance, Business or related field of study MBA preferred
- Experience in Automotive industry
- At least 7 years of work experience in multicultural, complex, large organization with direct reports and budget responsibility
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to lead by example and influence change in a constructive and positive way
- Excellent leadership in leading and developing a high performing team
- Experience implementing tools to track complex systems, visualize key performance metrics via dashboards, and track progress toward KPI goals
- Detailed knowledge of the processes for project management and operational support
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks
- Experience with automotive systems, software development, lifecycles and regulations
- Ability to structure, prioritize and flexibility to manage last minute requests
- Strong communicator, ability to Ability to engage with different levels of the organization
- Understanding of Operational Excellence with Lean or Agile experience
- Willingness to travel when required
- Open minded, team player with a sense of humor
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations
- Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Internal candidates must be PV44 confirmed
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $155,600-$198,500.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS