Data Scientist Summer Intern
Sunnyvale, CA /
Data/AI/UX – Data Insights (4046) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Mercedes-Benz Data and AI team is seeking a Data Scientist Intern to join our Data Product Development Team for the Summer of 2023. You will work with our Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) team based in Silicon Valley. The team focuses on gathering valuable insights from our Mercedes-Benz vehicles and support the development for data products that will shape the future of Mercedes-Benz vehicles with the goal of enhancing our customer’s experience.
In this position, you will work independently and collaboratively with our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to support the data product development, evaluation of data insights and gathering information from our Mercedes-Benz cars from around the world.
- Build, extend, and maintain dashboards for vehicle and MBUX usages, allowing discoveries surrounding key performance indicators associated with customer activity
- Provide support to Data Scientist responsible for providing data analysis
- Work closely with a proactive, highly motivated engineering team to bring next generation infotainment and telematics solutions to Mercedes-Benz products worldwide
- Present and demo research topics to Mercedes-Benz internal groups, and at external events such as academic conferences
- Support improvement of cloud-based data processing pipeline
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software with a measurable customer value
- Currently enrollment / recent completion of BS/MS program in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related technical field of study
- Strong programming and software development skills in Python
- Good understanding of Statistical data analysis
- Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge
- Strong instincts for efficiency and optimization, with self-motivation to work with colleagues such that only high quality products reach customers' hands
- Problem solving and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Recommendation Systems, Information retrieval and Data mining, Bayesian inference and Gaussian processes
- Data visualization
- Understanding of ML workflow: preparing the data, implementing and training ML models, evaluating results, deploying inference on different platforms
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Mercedes-Benz
• Sick Time
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)/$32 (Graduate Students)
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS