EE Vehicle Update Engineer
Long Beach, CA /
US Experience – Electronic Systems Testing (4054) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Our MBRDNA Long Beach office is looking for an EE Vehicle Updating & Test Engineer to ensure the highest quality standards of our Mercedes Benz vehicles during the development cycle, with the focus in the Electric Vehicle, infotainment and telematics systems.
Driving the overall E/E vehicle updating process for MBRDNA. This includes the planning, scheduling and execution of all HW/SW release updates necessary to fully update test vehicles to the correct release level. This also includes the commissioning of all systems to ensure correct functionality post flash-flash and documentation of the results.
The testing will be conducted with prototype vehicles and the focus will be Mercedes-Benz passenger cars. The majority of testing locations are in the Southern California area however, domestic travel is required in some cases.
The person should also constantly re-evaluate the priorities based on the customer feedback, market changes and business priorities as per ISO-9001 standards. This position provides daily challenges in a collaborative work environment where people enjoy working together.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- 3 years of experience
- Key responsibilities of this role are organizing and performing vehicle updates on a technical level utilizing tools such as DTS9 Monaco and a MercedesBenz specific tool called SoftwareTankstelle (SWT).
- Diagnosing vehicle issues, troubleshooting DTC codes, calibrating/normalizing overall vehicle systems, documenting known issues, referencing internal tools & communicating with developers is the core of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team, solve process problems and bottlenecks, creative thinking, and work as a team in a multi-project environment. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Supporting the team to assure HW availability and compatibility. Running simulations to cross reference the planned release from a HW & SW side.
- Actively working on process development & continuous improvement. Act as a consultant to other engineers and departments regarding vehicle updates.
- Support training new engineers and sharing knowledge as well as organize trainings in California and Michigan offices.
- Monitor new model lines and architecture updates within the MB network of passenger cars, VANs, AMG, and G-Wagon. When training is required, plan and participate in training to stay abreast to the latest advancements.
- Participate on EE test drives across the country to evaluate systems and integration into test vehicles. Analyze functionality and summarize results until revalidation is necessary.
- Domestic business travel is required up to 25%
- Candidate must be able to work on-site in Long Beach, CA
- Valid CA Drivers License
- Valid Passport
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use, driving and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- Strong R&D engineering experience with focus on vehicle updating, troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Working knowledge of connected vehicles and embedded electronics in the automotive industry
- Ability to test drive vehicles with working knowledge of Telematics/Connected/AD systems
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100-$124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS