Senior Software Engineer - OTA Device Management
Seattle, WA /
Cloud & Connectivity – Seattle Hub (4089) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This center will be responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on highly available APIs and services leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the product produced will be launched internationally, impacting the lives of millions of people.
Senior software engineer will design, develop and maintain various consumer applications and large scale distributed systems. Successful candidates will design and deliver core software features and services to millions of users, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
- Design and delivery of large scale distributed systems
- Maintenance and migration of existing systems
- Mentoring team members
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of team members
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Computer science or related degree
- 5+ year of overall experience
- 1+ years of leadership
- Experience with cloud architecture and micro-services design patterns
- Experience designing scalable, reliable & secure E2E services in cloud environments
- Experience with DevOps teams and culture
- Experience with concepts of API design, load balancing, containerization, disaster recovery and leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS as appropriate
- Deployment of applications onto systems with multiple versions and generations
- Experience with internationally distributed teams
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS