Staff DevOps Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – SW Quality & DevOps (4094) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
At Mercedes-Benz, we invented the car and now, we strive for nothing less than taking the lead in car software. We will do this with a proprietary software development approach, strong partners and our own operating system - MB.OS. We need YOU to shape the future of Mercedes-Benz!
In the ADAS Domain, we focus on the development of the future automated driving system for Mercedes-Benz cars. Within the team Software DevOps & Toolchain we want to provide the best possible developer experience through state of the art technologies, tools, automation and infrastructure. Besides ongoing support of our developers, this includes planning & provisioning of the CI/CD Pipelines as well as SW Quality and Systems Engineering tools. Productivity and turnaround times are at the heart of what we do.
What we offer:
• A chance to work on a new generation of ADAS, which will power millions of cars
• Agile working methods and open feedback culture
• Flexible working Hours
As a Cloud Architect for Software Development and Build Pipelines (f/m/x) you will work in a highly motivated agile team of senior experts ensuring that our toolchain runs on a state of the art cloud infrastructure based on highly automated solutions.
- This means in detail:
- Design, test and implement solutions to automate processes and manual tasks
- Provide self-service solutions and tools to developers and the project to ensure we are efficient in our daily work
- Contribute to the overall ECU CI/CD pipelines by improving productivity, through caching services, automation of SW quality tools, and providing cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide and maintain infrastructure for SW development operations
- Support as a first contact point to SW developers with issues they face
- Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematical sciences
- 7 years of experience
- Experience with cloud development in AWS
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform and CloudFormation)
- Experience hybrid cloud and cloud networking
- Experience with web Services and API
- Experience with cloud Storage
- Experience with containerization & container orchestration (e.g Docker, K8s)
- Strong programming skills with hands-on experience in automation (e.g Python, Go, Yaml, Groovy, C#, Java)
- Nice to have:
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
- Understanding of Embedded software development in C/C++
- Familiarity with ASPICE
- Personal skills:
- As a team player, your motivation is the success of the team
- Passion for problem solving and efficient, sustainable solutions for the development community
- Excellent skills in self-organisation, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Precise and appropriate communication
- Lead by example and share knowledge within the company
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $152,300 - $194,100.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS