MeCharge Services Test Engineer
Long Beach, CA
US Experience – Electronic Systems Testing (4054) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Our Mercedes-Benz Research and Development, Inc. Long Beach office is looking for an entry level Mercedes MeCharge Services Test Engineer to support our headquarters in the development and release charging features for Battery Electric and Plug-in vehicles in the US market.
Specifically, the engineer tests & validates the customer facing functionality of charging service features such as Remote Charging Session Start, Plug'nCharge, Charging Station Search, & Reservation on US public charging infrastructure. This is a full-time, exempt position at the MBRDNA regional office in Long Beach, CA.
MeCharge services feature testing will be conducted with prototype vehicles and the focus will be evaluating charging system performance & feature functionality of the NACS connector. The majority of testing locations are in the Southern California area however, domestic travel is required in some cases.
The person should also constantly re-evaluate the priorities based on the customer feedback, market changes and business priorities. This position provides daily challenges in a collaborative work environment where people enjoy working together.
The US Experience team drives to establish Mercedes-Benz as a technology leader in the US luxury segment. Our team develops, tests, and validates US Software applications in order to deliver the best US customer experience possible. We perform product research to influence and drive innovation and improve vehicle features at different touch points throughout the customer journey. We all contribute to a combined One Voice US strategy that drives impactful propositions that create market pull and enhance our customer’s experience.
- Core Projects:
- MeCharge Services Testing: Perform testing & validation of customer facing charging service features such as Remote Charging Session Start, Plug'nCharge, Charging Station Search, & Reservation on US public charging infrastructure. Provide structured feedback with vehicle data on customer suitability for US market & pain points.
- Charging Communication Testing:
- Understand charging services, OCPP & API messages and how it relates to charging functionality.
- Ensure Charging System (components and software) operation by monitoring/collecting logs and communications between ECUs
- Understand SAE and ISO standards
- Industry & Project Management Tasks:
- Maintain high awareness of the EV charging infrastructure in the USA. This includees charging communication protocalls & charging service features.
- Collect feedback & develop technical requirements for US specific system/feature implementation.
- Regular and proactive communication to direct reporting manager and co-workers on issues, delays, & test plans.
- Work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering
- Translatable experience in automotive development at a tier 1 or OEM
- Minimum 1 year of electric vehicle experience
- Familiar with High Voltage systems
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent level Microsoft Office package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Process improvement expertise
- Strong work ethic
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations
- Frequent sitting, standing, driving, and reaching with hands
- Valid California Driver's License
- Understands and lives a “customer first” mentality with empathy, pragmatism and a hands-on approach
- Communication skills, oral and written presentation skills
- Champion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Structured, organized with ability to prioritize
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100 - $124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS