Sr Program Lead - AD/ADAS ( )
Long Beach, CA
US Experience – US Experience (4093) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) is seeking a Senior Program Lead to join the US Experience team. This is a full-time, exempt position at the MBRDNA regional office in Long Beach, CA.
The US Experience team drives to establish Mercedes-Benz as a technology innovator in the US luxury segment by translating the combined One Voice US strategy to customers in impactful propositions that enhance the customer experience and create market pull. Our goal is to deliver research and broad knowledge that can influence and drive innovation in the US market in terms of improved vehicle features at different touch points throughout the customer journey.
This Senior Program Lead will oversee key programs from concept to actualization. These programs will focus on the areas of automated driving (AD) and advanced-driver assistance systems (ADAS). The program goals will be to influence and enhance how our customers experience Mercedes-Benz technologies in the US.
- Direct programs that will assist Mercedes-Benz’ goal to “lead in software and electric” for customers in the US.
- Drive the following workstreams as they related to AD & ADAS technologies:
- Work in collaboration with the Sr Manager – US Experience Programs to consolidate the US roadmap based on addressing market requirements and customer pain points.
- Drive completion of specific program in the area of ADAS, leading the cross functional team through the milestones and achieving of defined parameters.
- Unite market insights with regulatory and technical requirements and relevant data.
- Formulate and drive strategic projects from concept to actualization.
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases based on multiple scenarios underpinning assumptions with investments and payback. Clearly demonstrate benefits and trade offs of proposals.
- Utilize program governance and reporting including project charter, risk matrix, communication, budgeting, dashboards and program reviews.
- Participate in technical working groups across different locations and units in the US to align priorities and coordinate efforts.
- Generate regular project reports.
- An ideal candidate for this role with have an knowledge of what makes AD & ADAS systems competitive in the US-market and is able to communicate the wants of the US customer, the key competitors in the luxury/EV markets, and features and functions that are class leading.
- Engineering or Technical bachelors degree with hands on experience in automotive and software development.
- PMP highly preferred or equivalent experience in program management.
- At least 5 years of work experience in program management in an innovative technology field, R&D, or related technical development teams.
- Comprehend the automotive development waterfall process for hardware and agile methodologies for software development.
- Aptitude to develop project timelines that can drive projects through both paths.
- Experience heading projects from idea inception to launch, including high-level tracking through requirement setting, specification, design, development, test and acceptance.
- Aptitude to effectively participate in cross functional groups across multiple business units and US entities with limited oversight.
- Strong data management acquirements, knowledge of process, clearly communicate milestones and deliverables to keep the program on track.
- Distill big picture into small tangible steps, focusing on control points that will precede to a successful completion. Identify risks and course correct discrepancies.
- Proven strategic thinking. Analytical skills to support scenario analysis, business cases formulation and long term planning.
- Excellent communication techniques with the aptitude to interact with and comprehend technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Propensity to identify and manage risk.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Open minded, team player with a sense of humor.
- PMP highly preferred or equivalent experience in program management.
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent staying in a stationary position, and reaching with hands.
- Program management experience with budget duties, PMP preferred.
- Strategy formulation, development and implementation.
- Comprehends and lives a “customer first” mentality with empathy, pragmatism and a hands-on approach.
- Communication skills, oral and written presentation skills.
- Champion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Structured, organized with ability to prioritize.
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100 - $124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS