Data Products Intern
Sunnyvale, CA /
Data/AI/UX – Experience AI (4086) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Backend Engineer Intern focuses on testing and developing cloud based software solutions and applications in Go. The Intern will implement applications using microservices architecture utilizing Kubernetes, Azure and AWS cloud services and resources.
- Candidate will be responsible for collaborating and development of full life-cycle software applications/solutions in a scrum environment.
- Candidate should be able to collaborate and solve complex problem with team members within the team or outside of the team.
- Candidate will be responsible of exploring new technologies in the application development area, create POC and evaluate the fitment for the given use case.
- Candidate will be responsible for working closely both with backend engineers and data scientists in a dynamic environment to create solutions beyond one technological scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Efficient in programming
- Overall understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Experience developing Restful APIs Knowledge in Databases
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience in Docker Containerization
- Comfortable with Go
- Knowledge in Postgresql and MongoDB
- Prior Experience in Kubernetes
- Understanding of cloud based solutions and cloud services (Azure, AWS)
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)/$32 (Graduate Students)
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS