Long Beach, CA /
Powertrain – Powertrain Adaption & Durability Support (4040) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This is a six-month internship position with MBRDNA’s Long Beach Powertrain (VAN NAFTA & PADS) team. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and gain experience within the automotive industry.
- Assist in variety of projects and work as part of the VAN NAFTA & PADS team.
- Long term projects based on role within Gasoline, Drivability or Diesel sub-team.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues; develop and confirm countermeasures.
- Support emissions testing and resolution of powertrain issues.
- Prepare and submit work orders to the internal R&D workshop in SAP PiT.
- Arrange logistics of newly arrived parts as well as disposition of removed/used parts.
- Professional status reporting using MS Office tools.
- Monitor vehicle fleet and documentation in FiNAS.
- Independent projects to identify and execute process changes for continuous improvement.
- Work with vehicle development tools (ETAS INCA, MDA).
- Work with vehicle diagnostic tools (DTS Monaco, Vediamo Ecoute, Diagmera).
- Opportunity to get insight into various departments and their cooperation such as R&D workshop, Emissions Laboratory, Advanced Driver Assistant Systems, and E/E Integration.
- Recent graduate or current student pursuing a degree in Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Completion of junior year in college.
- Minimum completion of junior year required.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skills to create and understand macros in VBA and to handle large data amounts in MS Excel.
- Basic technical vehicle knowledge required.
- Lifting up to 50 lb.
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience within MBRDNA or Mercedes-Benz entities is a plus.
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)/$32 (Graduate Students)
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS