Sr. Application Support Engineer
Long Beach, CA /
IT – CIO/BSM (4035) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This position enables stability, availability, and performance of the engineering application pipeline for critical business unit’s department at MBRDNA (Powertrain, Durability testing, Autonomous driving, Telematics, and workshop activities).
- Supporting local Autonomous Driving development by leading IT infrastructure implementation project, including planning, budget management, rollout, continuous improvement and requirement adaptation.
- Supporting Powertrain and diagnostics groups by setting up test environment to validate processes, tools, methods to flash car’s ECUs wired and OTA (Over The Air).
- Validate functioning environment of engineering software licenses such as INCA, MONACO, CANape, CANalyzer and CANoe.
- Performing application testing for updates and OS changes.
- Supporting local engineering teams with access rights to engineering applications.
- Create and Maintain application processes documentation for end users and IT 1st/2nd level support team.
- Responsible to provide engineering applications and licenses to new hires.
- Create, maintain and grow MS teams-based community of practices for powertrain and testing engineers/technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Project management expertise, utilizing agile methods and tools such as JIRA and Confluence, while working in DevOps style with local business units.
- Strong hands-on licensing, installation, testing and debugging expertise of diagnostics software such as INCA, MDA, Monaco DTS9, CANape, CANalyzer.
- Experience with flashing and calibration in vehicles, wired and over the air.
- Strong communication skills in order to build up networks with subject matter counter parts in the US as well as in Germany.
- Basic expertise in emission testing requirement, applications and computing infrastructure.
- Basic Windows OS knowledge, IT operations and Networking.
- Willing to travel within the United States (2 times/year) and Europe (1 time /year) for on-site support.
- Valid Driver license.
- Basic knowledge in CAD visualization (EE-Browser), EPDM and Bill of Material (Dialog) application usage and methods
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $120,000 - $150,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS