People Operations Payroll Specialist (Contract)
Ann Arbor/Farmington Hills, MI
People Team – People Team (4034) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Payroll Analyst will be a member of the People Operations Team within the MBRNDA People Team. This person performs a variety of technical and analytical payroll and compensation activities related to the company’s payroll programs and systems. This position will perform all payroll related functions in accordance with company policy, Federal, State regulations and guidelines. This position is the subject matter expert for all payroll processes and platforms. This function will be the liaison between the RDNA, Payroll Shared Services and the external payroll processing provider, Ceridian.
- Maintain payroll calendar in collaboration with external payroll processing provider.
- Communicate and monitor processing deadlines.
- Review all employee personal and job data changes to ensure it is updated, and approved in PeopleSoft during the pay period, and ready for data transfer to Ceridian. (Including updates to temporary SSN for international assignees and interns)
- Confirm all hourly and other time is entered and authorized on the employee timesheets on the Dayforce platform.
- Setup and maintain PTO programs, monitor, and maintain leave balances.
- Prepare required manual calculations for all one-time entries and provide approved information to external payroll processing provider to include in pay run calculations. Examples include, but are not limited to retroactive payments, pro-rated salary, and leave adjustments.
- Work with program owners for payouts needed to support their programs. Examples include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, inventor incentives, phone reimbursement, and parking stipend.
- Request new earnings/ deduction/ tax codes from Payroll Shared Services. Collaborate with local accounting to ensure new codes are mapped appropriately to the GL.
- Collaborate with external payroll processing provider to resolve open issues with payroll calculations and reporting.
- Run recurring and ad-hoc reports for local business needs.
- Instruct external payroll processing provider when to issue off-cycle payments.
- Notify external payroll processing provider to issue stop payments.
- Forward garnishment questionnaires, notifications, and tax notices to external payroll processing provider.
- Serve as escalation point for employee questions.
- Entity representative for all cross-entity reviews with Payroll Shared Services and 3rd party vendor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) with in emphasis in: Human Resources or Business Administration
- Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education: Yes
- 3 to 5 years overall payroll work experience
- Certified Payroll Professional CPP
- Proficient in Strategy, Tax and imputations
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Analyze and interpret policies, practices, and procedures.
- Conducting research, analyzing information, data and presenting findings in a concise format.
- Addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level skill in Excel - pivot tables, v/h lookups.
- Familiarity with HRIS Systems (Experience with Ceridian and PeopleSoft preferred).
- Prior Human Resources compensation experience.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS