iOS Mobile Developer
Long Beach, CA
US Experience – Mercedes Me Connect (4088) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) is seeking an iOS Mobile Developer to join the US Experience team. This is a full-time, exempt position at the MBRDNA regional office in Long Beach, CA.
The US Experience team drives to establish Mercedes-Benz as a technology leader in the US luxury segment. Our team develops, tests, and validates US Software applications in order to deliver the best US customer experience possible. We perform product research to influence and drive innovation and improve vehicle features at different touch points throughout the customer journey. We all contribute to a combined One Voice US strategy that drives impactful propositions that create market pull and enhance our customer’s experience.
We are looking for an iOS Mobile Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and wearables. Your primary focus will be the development of mobile application features and their integration with back-end services- (including the interaction with Mercedes-Benz vehicles). You will be working alongside other engineers and global development teams working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform for the Mercedes App Family
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a global teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Proactive approach for root cause analysis of issues and their resolution
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Ability to break down pull requests to small junks to ensure smooth code review / merge
- Ensure readiness for publication to Apple & Google stores
- Contributing to team KPI’s and OKR’s by focusing on the defined road map items
- Competitor benchmarking in order to make recommended enhancements
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering consider: Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- At least 3 years of native iOS development experience
- Strong Swift coding skills
- Solid understanding of mobile architectures, such as MVP, MVVM, and VIPER
- Solid understanding of concurrency using async/await, Dispatch, and Combine
- Experience in creating custom, pixel-perfect UIs
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD platforms, such as Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with unit testing
- Hands-on experience with publishing apps to the App Store
- Solid understanding of Apple Developer guidelines
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Exceptional time management and ownership for assigned tasked and feature developments
- Physical requirements of this position include frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- R&D Engineering experience with focus on vehicles & Mercedes Benz products
- Working knowledge of Infotainment / Telematics / Connected services
- Certification in Agile Methodologies
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100 - $124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS