Principal Software Engineer, CODEX
Seattle, WA /
Cloud & Connectivity – Seattle Hub (4089) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This center is responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on highly available APIs and services leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the product produced will be launched internationally, impacting the lives of millions of people.
The Principal Engineer will guide a team in the end-to-end development and operational support of applications used by millions of people and cloud based services that will enhance their experiences. Design and deliver core software features and services, establish development and operational processes, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
- Design, delivery and support of software based products and services
- Maintenance and migration of pre-existing systems
- Management and mentoring of team of software engineers and operations engineers
- Coordination with overall site leader
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related degree
- 8+ year of overall experience
- 1+ years of leadership
- Solid experience with cloud based service development
- Extensive experience in building, deploying and managing large distributed applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD processes & tools
- Expertise in one or more modern object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C#)
- Strong ability to apply computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, programming paradigms) to solve real-world business problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with colleagues from a wide range of job functions
- Experience in hiring
- Ability to set and manage project milestones
- Ability to lead a team in large cross-functional projects
- Experience with operational support of consumer facing cloud based services
- Strong network in Seattle technology community
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS