Engineering Intern, Battery Research (Spring 2024)
Farmington Hills, MI
Powertrain – HV Battery Technology & Test Lab (4052) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.’s Farmington Hills, Michigan office is looking for a graduate or undergraduate level student in the battery chemistry or material science fields to support our battery research efforts. This 6 month internship will focus on tasks that include organization and planning, project management support, development of improved test procedures, material analysis, data analysis and presentation of results. While most tasks with be conducted on site in Farmington Hills, some tasks will have to be performed at the facilities of Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) business partners in the area.
This is a 6 month internship, onsite at our Farmington Hills office.
- Support and carry out materials and battery cell evaluation tasks.
- Draft improved or new battery test procedures.
- Ensure updated documentation of activities.
- Maintenance of team intranet resources.
- Plan and perform electrochemical characterization of materials and cells.
- Research and report technology trends.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree in the following fields: Chemistry, Material Science or closely related field.
- 0-3 years' experience
- Some lab experience required.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with battery technology.
- Analytical thinking skills.
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $24 (Undergraduate Students)/$26 (Graduate Students)
• Sick Time
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS