Product Owner MBOS US Localization
Long Beach, CA /
IT – CIO/BSM (4035) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
End-to-End Software Journey project deals with the journey a software takes from being ready to reaching the car. Software development and improvement is a continuous process, which means that cars need to be updated at regular intervals just like a mobile phone. Similar to a mobile phone, a car could be present at different locations such as in Research & Development, in Production, at a dealership, with a customer etc. Different use cases require different journeys a software needs to make to reach the car. Also, an increasing number of applications increases the complexity of version compatibility, documentation and certification requirements which needs to be handled. End-to-End Software Journey project team works with all corresponding departments such as R&D, production, sales, after sales etc. to define and develop end to end journeys.
This position enables the localization of the new processes to flash all car’s control units. You are responsible for creating an implementation roadmap for all the new processes to R&D, Sales, Aftersales and Production in the US. This position also will coordinate US-specific adaptation to the central product architecture to ensure performance and compliance for US processes.
- Responsible for rollout of End to End Software Journey toolchain rollout in the US
- Create project business plan with incremental rollout using SAFe principles in form of transition roadmap
- Inter-departmental coordination of the transition roadmap and connection of affected stakeholders
- Alignment of roadmap with MB.OS milestones and model series milestones
- Identification of interdependencies and critical paths within roadmap
- Identification of gaps and white spots in processes and project planning
- Collaboration with German transition roadmap team
- Communicate transition plan to all stakeholders
- Understand the existing MBOS components which will be part of end to end software journey, which means to understand all Applications and their architecture involved in the process
- Responsible for developing the US specific architecture in close collaboration with the central Solution Architecture team in Germany
- Coordinate with business unit key users process architect to understand the business processes architecture asks and check their technical feasibility and feed into the implementation plan (roadmap)
- Coordinate and understand the aspects of security, performance, quality
- Provide technical guidance to development teams and help in troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing architecture of enterprise applications
- Proficiency in at least one coding language
- 5+ years of technical work experience
- Excellent communication and agile project management skills, e.g. SAFe framework, SCRUM methodology
- Solid knowledge of SW development and deployment process
- Basic knowledge of IT systems for Product Data Management
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous problems
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space
- Valid Driver license
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100 - $124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS