Engineering Technician (Contractor)
Ann Arbor, MI /
Test Operations – Workshop - Long Beach (4030) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The main function of the engineering aide is to support engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques, conducting tests and inspections, and preparing reports and calculations.
- Determine engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests, analyzing and synthesizing data, maintaining control charts, determining root causes, and preparing bid specifications.
- Resolve engineering problems by collecting analyzing information, researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques.
- Recommend solutions and prepare drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- Meet cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses, and track and report expenses.
- Maintain and improve quality results by completing quality assurance tests, following standards, studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, and implementing changes.
- Collect and enter data, generate reports and presentations, and summarize data and trends.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Basic ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
- Associates degree in engineering technology or related field required.
- 5-8 years experience required.
- Mercedes-Benz certified technicians preferred.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS