Senior Development Engineer, Connectivity Systems
Long Beach, CA /
US Experience – Electronic Systems Testing (4054) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America Inc.’s Long Beach, CA office is seeking a Senior Development Engineer to ensure the highest quality of our in-vehicle Mercedes Me Connect (MMC) Features & Services. The ideal candidate will lead all connected service testing including but not limited to executing on-time delivery of both scripted test case/checklists, exploratory testing and overall general vehicle & ECU testing for the MMC AMAP Platform. In addition, they will ensure high product maturity levels by providing on-time delivery of testing results, and overall system qualification results and handle escalations to development teams.
- Take responsibility for the testing, verification, and validation of telematics components, more specifically related to the Head Unit, Telematic Control Unit, internet connectivity, emergency call services, and remote services for the US market.
- Lead resolution of technical problems, report errors, promote systematic issues, collect.
- Support troubleshooting of cloud-based backend related issues when a vehicle/test bench is offline.
- Learn about Mercedes MMC backend infrastructure and architecture supporting documentation and traces, and promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process to the DVI department teams and the headquarters in Germany.
- Perform and support vehicle and test bench updates, including software download, ECU flashing, variant coding, smoke testing and software acceptance testing.
- Instructs and mentors junior employees on project related tasks as needed.
- Ability to work independently and without regular management support to determine daily tasks, priorities and focus points.
- Ability to recognize risks in telematics development and use this information to prioritize and escalate.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques related to test configuration, test plans and test drives.
- Takes initiative to identify, communicate effectively, and execute high-impact changes or improvements.
- Ability to organize and execute Domestic and International (USA/Canada) test drives for specific functions or components.
- Ability to work in a joint test team collaboration between the onboard and offboard testing teams.
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering consider; Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study.
- Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience.
- Strong understanding of Telematics, ideally Telematics Control Units.
- Testing, validation, and verification experience.
- Ability to operate a Vehicle both on local roads and highways as needed for dynamic testing.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to sit, stand and reach with hands and arms with or without an accommodation.
- Frequent use of speech, vision and hearing for computer use, typing and occasional driving.
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience.
- Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
- Experience with wireless network development and testing, Connected Car space, and GSM/CDMA wireless technologies.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS