Associate AD Project Coordinator
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Minerva Fleet Ops (4068) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA at the heart of Silicon Valley and with several R&D facilities across the U.S., we bring together engineers, software developers, and designers who are pushing technology boundaries to shape the future. MBRDNA’s Autonomous Driving team is responsible for developing and implementing the next generation of autonomous driving systems together with US-based partners (Luminar, NVIDIA, etc) and colleagues in Germany. Systems include hardware and software.
The Vehicle Program team is responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that project deliverables are met on-time, to budget and to a very high-quality standard.
The purpose of this position will drive the reporting and keep all relevant project stakeholders of operational milestones as well as support all relevant operational processes.
- Lead the collection of all operational KPIs and report out to all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with all relevant operational teams to ensures metrics are in line with project milestones.
- Work cross functionally to ensure all operations teams have the proper resources to meet the testing requirements.
- Lead internal document management system for project operational processes, ensure roles and responsibilities are known and understood by all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to scope, design, pilot, deploy and communicate process updates and improvements.
- Support program management and ad hock operations for the project from time to time as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or other Technical Discipline
- Project/Program Management
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are a must, ability to create visualizations of KPIs and program risks
- Experienced with tools & processes required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts, risk matrix, Smartsheet, JIRA, etc.)
- Sitting at a computer, standing for long periods of time, entering and exiting vehicles
- Valid US Driver's License
- Project Management Certifications (PMP, CAPM etc.)
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $83,800 - $104,800.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS