Senior Creative Automotive Designer
Carlsbad, CA /
Design – Advanced Exterior Design (4055) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
To design and develop new vehicle concepts in conjunction with the Mercedes-Benz corporate identity and strategy. Contributes to Advanced and Production Design projects, create innovative sketches and renderings, and deliver design presentations
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Creates compelling and appropriate vehicular concepts.
- Visualizes ideas and concepts in 2-D form through sketches, renderings and tape drawings.
- Translates 2-D concepts and ideas into 3-D.
- Presents 2-D and 3-D concepts verbally, visually and in written form.
- Follows design directives and provides input into creative process.
- Conducts design related research.
- Analyzes design, engineering and marketing information.
- Understands and applies knowledge of industrial materials, methods and technologies.
- Works within program guidelines as a project team member.
- Performs computer-aided design (CAD).
- Establishes and maintains contacts with suppliers.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive, Product or Industrial Design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an automotive design studio.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented.
- Capable of handling managerial duties if needed.
- CAD Modeling proficiency
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS