Drive Operations Coordinator - 2nd Shift
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Minerva Fleet Ops (4068) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA at the heart of Silicon Valley and with several R&D facilities across the U.S., we bring together engineers, software developers, and designers who are pushing technology boundaries to shape the future. MBRDNA’s Autonomous Driving team is responsible for developing and implementing the next generation of autonomous driving systems together with US-based partners (Luminar, NVIDIA, etc) and colleagues in Germany. Systems include hardware and software.
The purpose of this position is to lead and grow a technical team that develops algorithms and software in the fields of Maps, Localization, Planning and non-functional software for Mercedes-Benz vehicles of the SAE levels 2-4. Expected are major contributions to the overall architecture and design of Mercedes-Benz vehicles as part of the global MB R&D team in coordination with peer groups in the US, India and in Germany.
- The driver for AV vehicle is responsible for conducting daily vehicle pre trip inspections.
- Perform vehicle system calibrations.
- Perform TOH (Test operator handbook guidelines).
- Pass T1/T2 on road driver training.
- Collaborate with developers and test operators on autonomous testing plans.
- Operate company and partner test vehicles with engineers, developers, and test operators to perform autonomous vehicle testing.
- Drive all test vehicles in safe manner and in accordance with local laws and company processes.
- Be able to perform various administrative Drive Ops duties.
- Be able to physically assist engineers with set up and testing of NCAP test equipment.
- Be able to work minimum of 40 hours and expect overtime as needed.
- Monitor systems on the car and follow procedures to calibrate & troubleshoot equipment.
- Coordinating with members of the AV team daily to ensure data integrity, proper data transfer, and management of routes is critical.
- Assist as needed with troubleshooting equipment over the phone & via email. Work with Project Manager & engineering team on open issues, reporting, & documentation.
- Mentor other drivers on all Drive Ops processes.
- Assist Drive Ops Coordinator by assigning AV test drives to drivers with collaboration of Test Operator shift managers.
- Assist and report to Drive Ops Coordinators and Drive Ops manager.
- This is a Second Shift Role – hours are 3pm – 12midnight Monday – Friday with hours / days subject to change as needed for the project.
- Associate’s Degree or Technical certificate.
- You are detail oriented & able to identify and document all problems. Able to provide concise written and oral feedback to the Drive Ops and engineering teams.
- Background in commercial driving preferred (long-distance trucking, driving bus, taxi experience, etc.)
- Highly developed and detailed communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate leadership capability.
- Flexible, reliable, and able to work long hours as required.
- Must be flexible with work schedules and travel.
- Proficiency in native language and English.
- Basic technical/computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and technology.
- Standing for long periods of time, sitting in vehicles, working at a computer desk.
- A clean driving record & no criminal history is required.
- Valid US Driver's License.
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $83,800 - $104,800.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS