Senior UX Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA /
Connected & Autonomous – Shared C&A Projects (4085) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
The Senior UX Software Engineer implements software components for embedded platforms that enable highly interactive user interfaces and cutting-edge graphics effects. They work closely integrated with our Interaction & UX Designers on the UI/UX concept ideation and implementation for internal demos, show cars, and embedded platforms with product-intent.
- Implement and document reusable software components for embedded automotive and CE platforms that enable highly interactive user interfaces and cutting-edge graphics effects including OpenGL-ES shaders.
- Develop tools, scripts, and software implementation patterns that improve the workflow of Interaction & UX Designers and enable them contribute directly to the software implementation.
- Actively contribute to the UI/UX concept ideation, development and documentation of novel, multi-modal UI/UX concepts & information architectures for show cars and embedded automotive platforms.
- Support Interaction & UX Designers with prototyping activities and deployment logistics of specific UI/UX concept implementations for internal demos, show cars, and embedded automotive platforms.
- Ensure consistent adoption of software patterns by creating examples and tutorials, coaching, conducting code reviews, etc.
- Team player with the ability to connect his/ her responsibilities to over-arching goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Strategic and creative mind with a passion for innovation.
- Passionate about monitoring relevant trends and technologies.
- Self-motivated with strong instincts in optimization and a passion for excellence.
- Experience in implementing user interfaces for embedded platforms and/or mobile devices with modern UI/graphics frameworks, including: C++, iOS, Android, OpenGL-ES, etc.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design process, design asset pipelines, and a high attention to maintaining visual detail when integrating design assets into embedded software implementations.
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms and/or mobile devices using C/C++ and other programming languages.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS