Principal Business Analyst
Long Beach, CA /
US Experience – Innovation Management Silicon Valley (4093) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) is seeking a Business Analyst to join the US Experience team. This is a full-time, exempt position at the MBRDNA In our regional office in Long Beach, CA.
The US Experience team drives to establish Mercedes-Benz as a technology leader in the US luxury segment by translating the combined (one) US voice of the customer in impactful propositions that enhance the customer experience and create market pull. Our goal is to deliver research and broad knowledge that can influence and drive innovation in the US market In terms of improved features and different touch points throughout the customer journey. The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the US Experience team understand, connect and analyze different data sources to create business cases, dashboards,
priorities and opportunities for optimization. This role will work with technical teams and other data analysists in creating dashboards, defining metrics, focusing on the point of impact, supporting Mercedes-Benz technology in the US.
- The Principal Business Analyst is responsible for bringing data at a higher level and using analytics and trends to drive performance and decision making in the technology and business areas.
- It includes:
- 1. Create an overall structure demonstrating how data should be compiled, organized and stored. Build swim lanes to make sure accurate and real time data is available.
- 2. Build business cases with different scenarios assuming investments and payback.
- 3. Establish and facilitate data rounds meetings with subject matter experts, bringing multiple perspectives of testing, quality, development, marketing and sales, creating a joint view and conclusion to specific topics.
- 4. Support the team with data generated propositions of the proposed features.
- 5. Structure data sets to identify opportunities, focused on the point of impact.
- 6. Build automated dashboards and formulate KPI's and tracking mechanisms representing the progress and impact of the US Experience team.
- 7. Identify areas for further investigation based on data analysis and trends.
- 8. Propose and lead process Improvements relate to data compilation, gathering, publication and sharing.
- 9. Coordinate final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business or related field of study
- Minimum 10 years of business analytics or related experience
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Proven strategic thinking. Analytical skills to support scenario analysis, business cases formulation and long term planning.
- Experience in the automotive, tech, and luxury sectors
- Understanding of the US market and cultural and social aspects
- Understands and lives a “customer first” mentality with empathy, pragmatism and a hands-on approach
- Understanding of Operational Excellence with Lean or Agile experience
- Willingness to travel when required
- Open minded, team player with a sense of humor
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- Ability to use data of various sources to connect the dots and provide structured conclusion
- Strong affinity for data and statistical analysis. Attention to detail, ability to identify patterns.
- Experience In using tableau, Power BI, or similar tools; reporting packages like Business Objects
- Broad experience in finance, performance management and tracking Problem solving skills; influencing skills to drive decision and change through data
- Accuracy and attention to detail Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Proven track record of identifying a pattern and working with the technical teams in proposing a solution
- Sharp, incisive thinking will help create outcomes that are clear, focused, and specific
- Self-motivated, striving for personal and team success
- Can work independently and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong people skills and ability to influence strategy and decision-making
- Strong presentation skills and can engage audiences in various levels in the organization
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $135,400-$172,600.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS