Sr CAD Modeler ( )
Design – Advanced Exterior Design (4055) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America’s Design Studio located in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a CAD Modeler Specialist to participate in the creation of high quality 3D scale and full-size CAD digital models of proposed vehicles and/or components using Alias Studio or equivalent software. Work duties involve a high degree of creativity, skill, accuracy and coordination, incorporating technical expertise and artistic ability. The ideal candidate will work individually or in a group and will make decisions based on established procedures and specifications.
- Creates accurate Digital 3D, CAD Models as directed in a timely manner.
- Oversees CAD Model data; including data acquisition, transfer, and archiving.
- Provides 3D printing, Tarus milling as well as Thermwood mill support and technical assistance.
- Investigates new software and makes suggestion regarding up-grades.
- Adheres to project schedules and manages the creation of CAD parts
- Delivers CAD Models for presentations in the form of a Digital Visualization in 2D and 3D still and/or animations.
- Rapid prototype support in Data (stitching) and printing the part itself
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Alias Studio expertise and SubD (any other Poly modeling) software experience.
- Strong background in computer systems and milling processes
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a design studio
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent staying in a stationary position, and reaching with hands.
- 5 years
Physical requirements of this position:
Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- Some experience in 3Dclay modeling and general comprehension of form surfacing.
- Works well in a team environment and takes direction from management
- Good interdisciplinary collaboration and communication skills
- Experience using other CAD software such as SubD (any POLY modeling tool), Alias, VRED, Unreal and other Visualization programs
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be identified based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, qualification, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $109,100 - $136,300
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS