Senior Integration Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA /
Connected & Autonomous – Experience AI Projects (4086) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Our MBRDNA Sunnyvale office is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual that will take a leading role on telematics integration dealing with preproduction automotive systems.
The proper preparation and maintenance of these environments will act as a critical enabler to the artificial intelligence development teams.
In this role, the lead will coordinate all hardware and software release updates necessary to fully update & flash test vehicles/benches to the correct telematics levels as well as assist with development by supporting beta testing new software patches.
- Organize, coordinate, and perform vehicle/bench telematics component updates on a technical level utilizing internal Mercedes-Benz tooling.
- Establish & maintain relationships with counterparts in Germany.
- Perform end to end system integration tests to provide Development Teams with an accurate assessment of the state of the software.
- Installation/Exchange of various ECUs.
- Perform installation and systematic maintenance of Logging/Tracing equipment.
- Safely & properly exchange 12Volt batteries and attach chargers/boosters.
- Identify required updates, obtain required hardware and software from counterparts within Mercedes-Benz, track HW availability, and track delivery timing to minimize vehicle/bench down-time.
- Update hardware and wiring as needed, and coordinate with diagnostic experts and functional teams to perform software updates and ensure intended system functionality.
- Maintain and update a vehicle scheduling plan in collaboration with car lines and other MBRDNA functional areas to ensure prototypes and test cars are available in time for release update deadlines and validation tests.
- Keep frequent communication with Mercedes-Benz counterparts, mainly in Germany, with confirmation of appropriate hardware levels, part availability, shipping, and delivery status.
- Actively work on process development and continuous improvement.
- Test and document software bugs.
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Electrics/Electronics Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Software Engineering.
- Automotive Development Knowledge: understanding of vehicle development process, system development process, liability and quality requirements, knowledge of automobile technology, vehicle electrical and onboard communication architecture, assembly structure, modules and parts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of vehicle functions.
- Knowledge of common measurement and diagnostic tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe, DTS Monaco) and ability to analyze and interpret test and diagnostic data.
- Knowledge of ECU HW/SW functionality as part of a vehicle system.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex CAN/LIN/Flexray/Ethernet vehicle systems in order to identify issues, analyze and come up with solutions for problems experienced in test/prototype vehicles.
- Experience in performing technical work on vehicles, which entails: Proper disassembly/assembly of: interior trim, panels, dashboards, and consoles (which enables access to ECUs).
- Ability to read/interpret wiring schematics.
- Perform wiring/modifications on test vehicles and test cars up to OEM standards.
- Have an expert understanding of vehicle architecture and topology.
- Good proficiency in command line environments (basic UNIX skills).
- Ability to clearly and methodically record/write issues on various bug tracking platforms.
- Portray pride in excellence – strive to accomplish quality work.
- Eager to learn – always keep an open mind and can do attitude.
- Exhibit strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communicator – willingness to reach out and ask questions whenever necessary.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS