Development Engineer, Telematics
Long Beach, CA /
US Experience – Electronic Systems Testing (4054) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America Inc.’s Long Beach, CA office is seeking a Connected Service Development Engineer to ensure the highest quality of assigned Mercedes Me Connect (MMC) Features & Services for the MMC Americas and Asian Pacific (AMAP) Platform. The ideal candidate will support all connected service testing including but not limited to executing on-time delivery of both scripted test case/checklists, exploratory testing and overall general vehicle testing for the MMC AMAP Platform. In addition, they will ensure high product maturity levels by providing on-time delivery of testing results, and overall system qualification results
- Perform End-to-End (E2E) and Pre-Quality Testing and Reporting for Connected Car services in close collaboration with local and international supplier and business partners.
- Support troubleshooting of cloud-based backend related issues when a vehicle/test bench is offline
- Learn about Mercedes MMC backend infrastructure and architecture.
- Define, author, execute and maintain functional test cases for assigned Mmc/Connected Features & Services.
- Support planning, organization and execution of test sessions with local and global RD Test Houses.
- Perform low level analysis of test results using debug tools, log files, and other techniques.
- Perform and support vehicle and test bench updates, including software download, ECU flashing, variant coding, smoke testing and software acceptance testing.
- Document findings in near real time with artifacts, track authored defects, and re-test fixed issues and/or execute scripts in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Manage test data and component/system variants in cooperation with the release management and System Integration Teams.
- Actively participate in local and occasionally out of state/country Test Drives and support daily Kick-Off and Wrap-Up meetings.
- Actively participate in Team and Governance Meetings by effectively communicating to all relevant stakeholders both locally and globally.
- Domestic and International business travel is required as assigned. In addition, the candidate is expected to participate in domestic test drives.
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field of study
- Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience. Ability to operate a Test Vehicle on both local roads as well as highways as needed for dynamic testing.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to sit, stand and reach with hands and arms with or without an accommodation
- Frequent use of speech, vision and hearing for computer use, typing and occasional driving
- Other licenses or certifications required: Valid CA driver’s license
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS