Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Intern
Long Beach, CA /
CEO Office – CEO (4048) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
As a DEI Intern, you will work closely with our DEI Team to support and execute initiatives aimed at driving diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization. You will have the opportunity to engage with various stakeholders, contribute to creative content development, and research best practices in order to make a tangible impact on our DEI initiatives. This role will work with the DEI Transformation Manager and others in the organization to ensure our DEI efforts are strategic and sustainable.
The position is based in our Los Angeles office, requiring in-person presence with flexibility for a few days of remote work.
- This role will support the successful execution of our short-term DEI goals while contributing to our long-term DEI Roadmap.
- Conduct research on current social demographics and issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and provide insights that inform our DEI strategy.
- Brainstorm creative content for workshops/panel discussions/learning series events
- Assist with the creation of presentations and other content for website, social media, etc.
- Analyze DEI best practices from various industries and develop recommendations tailored to our organization's context.
- Research and provide recommendations on DEI tools that would better embed DEI into the organization.
- Assist in the development and coordination of DEI-related training programs for employees across all levels.
- Provide support to our Business Resources Groups (BRGS) to ensure their initiatives align with the company's DEI goals.
- Create documents and templates to measure the impact of DEI activities, enabling data-driven decision-making.
- Coordinate DEI activities in conjunction with DEI Team and BRGS
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree Human Resources, Sociology, Diversity Studies, Business, or a related field, with some DEI focused coursework.
- A demonstrated passion for Social Justice and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Knowledgeable about terminology/well versed in language connected to diversity, culture, and equity topics
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, but also act as a team player.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to generate innovative ideas for content and initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active participation in campus or community diversity organizations, clubs, or affinity groups that focus on fostering inclusive environments and promoting dialogue on DEI topics.
- Participation in DEI workshops, seminars, or training programs that have provided exposure to relevant concepts, strategies, and best practices.
- Involvement in research projects or academic work focused on social demographics, cultural dynamics, or DEI-related topics, highlighting analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information.
- Holding leadership roles within student organizations or community groups that emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, showcasing the ability to drive change and collaboration.
The current hourly rate for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $28 (Undergraduate Students)
• Sick Time
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS