Shift Manager - 2nd Shift
Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Minerva Fleet Ops (4068) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA at the heart of Silicon Valley and with several R&D facilities across the U.S., we bring together engineers, software developers, and designers who are pushing technology boundaries to shape the future. MBRDNA’s Autonomous Driving team is responsible for developing and implementing the next generation of autonomous driving systems together with US-based partners (Luminar, NVIDIA, etc) and colleagues in Germany. Systems include hardware and software.
The purpose of this position is to lead and grow a technical team that develops algorithms and software in the fields of Maps, Localization, Planning and non-functional software for Mercedes-Benz vehicles of the SAE levels 2-4. Expected are major contributions to the overall architecture and design of Mercedes-Benz vehicles as part of the global MB R&D team in coordination with peer groups in the US, India and in Germany
- What you will be doing:
- In-car testing execution: Plan, coordinate, and complete testing requirements in your region. Ensure smooth flow of operations, handle schedule, coordinate drivers and test operators.
- Drive process improvement: Build issue reports, deliver feedback, run execution risks, test new tool features. Own operational processes, build and track critical metrics.
- Report, track, and improve Fleet efficiency: lead the fleet efficiency across car, garage, people and execution. Drive it to the Speed of light. Own/ Raise and drive major gaps and failures through systemic improvements.
- Planning & execution: Work on planning cycle: collect requirements, work closely with the developer’s team on feature delivery and testing schedule, plan resources, hire and train testing crew.
- Workflow & tooling: Support the tooling teams to rapidly prototyping solutions to unblock execution and working with the relevant tooling/ops teams to productionize them in a manner that is consistent with the broader process/ecosystem.
- Critical metrics & analytics: support the metric teams to Implementing, reporting, and
- analyzing E2E product metrics to understand the current state of our software and advise product priorities.
- This is a Second Shift Role – hours are 3pm – 12midnight Monday – Friday with hours / days subject to change as needed for the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Operations, multiple team coordination, automating workflows, excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in autonomous operations teams and/or Triage/ Fast response teams
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $111,500 - $139,500.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS