Sr Powertrain Engineer
Long Beach, CA /
Powertrain – Powertrain Adaption & Durability Support (4040) /
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America Inc’s Long Beach, CA office is seeking a Senior Powertrain Engineer to lead engineering support of light-duty electrified and conventional powertrain calibration, development and durability testing, as well as powertrain field issues.
- Lead testing to support calibration of powertrains in the areas of electrification, emissions control/OBD, fuel economy, and drivability
- Lead root cause analysis of issues; develop and confirm countermeasures
- Lead emissions testing and resolution of powertrain issues
- Lead investigations of powertrain field issues of US market vehicles
- Continuous improvement of development processes
- Train, coach, and mentor other engineers
- Author technical reports for a wide, global audience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Automotive, or Mechanical Engineering
- Expertise in light-duty powertrain development in the areas of electrification, drivability, fuel economy, and emissions control/OBD
- Expertise with light-duty electrified and conventional powertrain control units, especially Bosch control units, and components, such as e-motor, inverter, and batteries
- In-depth knowledge of light-duty hybrid and conventional emissions and OBD regulations
- Proficiency with powertrain development tools such as INCA and Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to author clear and concise technical reports for a wide, global audience
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- Valid CA Driver’s License
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships & Contractors excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS