Sydney, Australia /
Operations – Hub Operations - NSW /
What we do
Welcome to MILKRUN. A magical world, that’s really an app, where you can get groceries and alcohol delivered to your door in minutes by our super-friendly Riders on environmentally-friendly e-bikes.
We’re talking local, farm fresh produce, thousands of household essentials and all your favourite alcoholic beverages delivered faster than you can find your car keys.
This means you don’t have to spend your precious time in the supermarket.
Plus, we’re proudly not a part of the gig economy, so every Milko gets benefits like holiday pay, insurance and Super.
Just download the MILKRUN app to experience the magic for yourself.
What you'll do
- Plan and direct with accountability for all hub operations, including incoming deliveries, inventory, order SLAs, equipment and systems
- Drive improvements to KPIs such as pick time, dwell time, drive time, defect rate, and costs per order
- Accountable for driving the financial performance of the hub, ensuring productivity, labor and other expenses are budgeted, and that goals are met
- Implement and monitor HR compliance, asset protection, safety controls, safety (of people and product alike), ops SOPs and efficiency, and quality assurance
- Pass learnings to other hubs, driving systemization of hub setup and management
- Drive the strategy of your local community and hub
- Hire, coach and manage the best local team for your local community
- Ad hoc tasks as required
What you'll bring
- This role is a blend of people leadership, operations, and customer service. This means people from a variety of backgrounds could be a good fit. Experience that is transferable is hospitality or warehouse management but if you think you’ve got the right skills we’d love to hear from you.
- You've had at least 5 years leading a blended workforce of full-time, part-time and contract employees.
- You’re an empathetic and engaging people leader. You know how to motivate a team and keep people focused during the rush.
- You’ve trained and coached new hires.
- You’ll be able to point to examples where you improved processes or made things more efficient. If you point out an issue, you’ve already thought of the solution.
- We are a startup which means we don't have it all figured out yet. You're okay with a bit of ambiguity and can adapt quickly when needed.
- Australian working rights are a must.
How we work
MILKRUN leaders know what goes into building something magical. Our experience scaling teams at Koala, Deliveroo, Dollar Shave Club, Canva, Amazon, THE ICONIC, SafetyCulture, and Shippit taught us a few valuable lessons.
For starters, people do their best work when they are trusted to make decisions and supported when they make a mistake. We know creating an environment of authenticity and safety means teams focus more on solving meaningful problems and less on masking who they are. We know when you give people ownership and throw equity in the mix you create a flurry of motivation and high-performance. We know first hand how easy it can be to burn out when you’re in the build phase. Mental health and sustainable growth are a daily conversation.
Things happen quickly at MILKRUN. Our pace of working is reflective of our promise to make super speedy deliveries to our customers. Our growth plans are scary big, in a good way. Our investors have some of the deepest pockets in Australia. Want to build something from the ground up with us?