Senior Mobile Engineer
Sydney, Australia /
Tech – Engineering /
We’re MILKRUN and we’re here to change the grocery game.
By delivering groceries and a lot more in minutes.
Yeah, but still, how?
We stock fresh, local produce and thousands of Australia’s favourite brands, all at supermarket prices,
When an order comes in, we pick and pack it in a few minutes before handing it off to one of our superfast riders who harness the power of electric bikes to deliver it in a flash without any impact on the environment (or their quads).
The tech team at MILKRUN lives by one core value (they also live by eating food but that’s not very inspiring) and that is ‘MAKE MAGIC!’.
You’ll join a team that creates seamless user experiences and builds next-gen products that directly impact our customers' lives for the better.
If you were looking for a sign to join a vibrant team full of extraordinary engineers, this is it.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer at MILKRUN, you’ll be responsible for participating in the development of product features through all the phases of the software development cycle and work alongside one of our Product Managers and senior engineers.
As part of the engineering team, you will have a direct impact on our customers and help make their lives just that little bit easier. Our cross-functional teams own new features, maintenance and monitoring in their business area, shipping code several times a day.
What you'll do
- Help us build a mind blowingly magical app experience that enables MILKRUN to keep our promise of 10 minutes delivery.
- Contribute to the design evolution of the platform so that it stays maintainable, easy to change and reliable.
- Partner with MILKRUN’s Design and Product team. A group of super-smart humans who love solving complex problems for customers.
- Being one of the earliest hires in Engineering you will fundamentally shape the team vibe. Open feedback, good communication, and bias for action are a must.
- Help us build a high performance engineering culture based on trust, transparency and autonomy.
- The majority of your work will be hands-on coding as a Mobile Engineer, with a wide range of tasks from building new features, to setting up our CI/CD pipelines and monitoring systems.
What you'll bring
- You are a Senior Mobile Engineer with experience in Flutter and native iOS or Android development.
- Building elegant apps that make customers happy, makes you happy. You can articulate the measurable impact you’ve had on customers.
- You’re known for building apps that are elegant, scalable, and maintainable allowing for feature increases and team growth.
- You have experience building, maintaining and improving tooling to make the developer experience more enjoyable and more productive. This includes CI/CD, testing and build tools.
- You care deeply about software quality which means you’ll start thinking about a testing strategy early on. You balance this with a solid understanding of the relationship between MVP’s, costs, and tradeoffs which have to be made to keep quality high in the long run.
- You’re all about collaborating with your teammates to solve problems. You value open and transparent communication and know that to build trust in a team you need to know how to give and receive feedback.
How we work
MILKRUN leaders know what goes into building something magical. Our experience scaling teams at Koala, Deliveroo, Dollar Shave Club, Canva, Amazon, THE ICONIC, SafetyCulture, and Shippit taught us a few valuable lessons.
For starters, people do their best work when they are trusted to make decisions and supported when they make a mistake. We know creating an environment of authenticity and safety means teams focus more on solving meaningful problems and less on masking who they are. We know when you give people ownership and throw equity in the mix you create a flurry of motivation and high-performance. We know first hand how easy it can be to burn out when you’re in the build phase. Mental health and sustainable growth are a daily conversation.
Things happen quickly at MILKRUN. Our pace of working is reflective of our promise to make super speedy deliveries to our customers. Our growth plans are scary big, in a good way. Our investors have some of the deepest pockets in Australia. Want to build something from the ground up with us?