Demand & Supply Planning Manager
Sydney, Australia /
Operations – Procurement /
What we do
Welcome to MILKRUN. A magical world, that’s really an app, where you can get groceries and alcohol delivered to your door in minutes by our super-friendly Riders on environmentally-friendly e-bikes.
We’re talking local, farm fresh produce, thousands of household essentials and all your favourite alcoholic beverages delivered faster than you can find your car keys.
This means you don’t have to spend your precious time in the supermarket.
Plus, we’re proudly not a part of the gig economy, so every Milko gets benefits like holiday pay, insurance and Super.
Just download the MILKRUN app to experience the magic for yourself.
Our customer experience & brand promise are nothing without availability of product, while financial & operational metrics require minimal wastage - we need a legendary Demand & Supply Planning Manager to strike the balance! We are looking for someone with experience and capability in predicting consumer demand (seasonality, promotional activity etc), refining forecasts based on cross-functional intelligence, and managing the replenishment of multiple products to multiple locations accordingly. We need someone who will champion continuous improvement across availability & wastage metrics and inventory management design. Think automation, data enhancements, distribution set up and team upskilling - the sky's the limit. We’ll be implementing a new planning tool & new SOPs around it in early 2023, so the ideal candidate is comfortable managing a project of this nature and keeping all relevant stakeholders informed and accountable.
What you'll do
- Implement forecasting tool and cement procedures for maintenance and data feeding; including development of effective forecast models based on industry trends, demand patterns and business activity
- Work with inventory team to maintain inventory levels to meet service targets and minimise cash flow impacts, including appropriate management of high stocks, slow moving product, obsolete product
- We are in the early stages of our activity so it’s also important that as we build, we keep record of any assumptions and changes to models to ensure we set ourselves up for future success.
- Be analytically minded with good root cause analysis and decision-making skills.
- Initiate and own data and analytics reporting for the function
- Support commercial leadership team with risk assessments and mitigation activities - identify and evaluate key supply issues for the company and develop appropriate alternative solutions to meet KPI goals and provide information to make these decisions
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy – MAPE/BIAS/FVA
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies. Actively manage orders and order exceptions, including supplier operating patterns, stock shortages, MOQs etc.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner - we deliver in minutes!
- Manipulation of tools and tracking of inventory across multiple locations, ensuring zero stock outs.
- Suggesting changes to inventory warehousing needs to meet increased or reduced demand.
How we work
MILKRUN leaders know what goes into building something magical. Our experience scaling teams at Koala, Deliveroo, Dollar Shave Club, Canva, Amazon, THE ICONIC, SafetyCulture, and Shippit taught us a few valuable lessons.
For starters, people do their best work when they are trusted to make decisions and supported when they make a mistake. We know creating an environment of authenticity and safety means teams focus more on solving meaningful problems and less on masking who they are. We know when you give people ownership and throw equity in the mix you create a flurry of motivation and high-performance. We know first hand how easy it can be to burn out when you’re in the build phase. Mental health and sustainable growth are a daily conversation.
Things happen quickly at MILKRUN. Our pace of working is reflective of our promise to make super speedy deliveries to our customers. Our growth plans are scary big, in a good way. Our investors have some of the deepest pockets in Australia. Want to build something from the ground up with us?