Sydney, Australia /
Finance – Financial Control /
What we do
Welcome to MILKRUN. A magical world, that’s really an app, where you can get groceries and alcohol delivered to your door in minutes by our super-friendly Riders on environmentally-friendly e-bikes.
We’re talking local, farm fresh produce, thousands of household essentials and all your favourite alcoholic beverages delivered faster than you can find your car keys.
This means you don’t have to spend your precious time in the supermarket.
Plus, we’re proudly not a part of the gig economy, so every Milko gets benefits like holiday pay, insurance and Super.
Just download the MILKRUN app to experience the magic for yourself.
The Finance Team is cross-functional and acts as a true business partner to the wider business. We are involved in a number of projects, such as;
-Creating key processes around business operations such as new hub launches, supplier purchasing controls and inventory management
-Opportunities to drive thought leadership on accounting treatment of business decisions
-Direct involvement in funding rounds (e.g. see our Series A fundraising round in Jan)
What you'll do
- Preparation and review of period-end (monthly and yearly) financial reporting at group and subsidiary level and deliver on a timely basis. This includes key month end reconciliations, journal entries and working with stakeholders to share insight on key business drivers
- Take ownership of the balance sheet and cashflow management
- Lead management of our external tax and bookkeeping function.
- Act as an inhouse sounding board on taxation, compliance control and technical accounting matters such as IFRS16.
- Support with new vertical launches and system integrations. This includes implementing process improvements around internal controls, efficiencies and month end close
- Design, build and consult on financial/data tools and systems, to drive optimisation and new insights across the business
- Act as a key relationship manager with internal and external auditors around statutory reporting and year end reporting requirements
What you'll bring
- Degree qualified in accounting and working towards CA / CPA or recently qualified
- Previous work experience in a large multinational FMCG/Retail organisation will be regarded as highly advantageous and/or experience within a Big 4 accounting environment
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced environment and working with ambiguous/incomplete data
- Extensive accounting experience including preparation of financial statements, management reporting and financial operations
- Hunger to get to the bottom of things, drive efficiencies and be solutions and output driven
- Experience with high volume data and managing financial systems
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to lead projects, develop new initiatives and create process improvements
How we work
MILKRUN leaders know what goes into building something magical. Our experience scaling teams at Koala, Deliveroo, Dollar Shave Club, Canva, Amazon, THE ICONIC, SafetyCulture, and Shippit taught us a few valuable lessons.
For starters, people do their best work when they are trusted to make decisions and supported when they make a mistake. We know creating an environment of authenticity and safety means teams focus more on solving meaningful problems and less on masking who they are. We know when you give people ownership and throw equity in the mix you create a flurry of motivation and high-performance. We know first hand how easy it can be to burn out when you’re in the build phase. Mental health and sustainable growth are a daily conversation.
Things happen quickly at MILKRUN. Our pace of working is reflective of our promise to make super speedy deliveries to our customers. Our growth plans are scary big, in a good way. Our investors have some of the deepest pockets in Australia. Want to build something from the ground up with us?