Sydney, Australia /
Operations – Hub Operations - NSW /
What we do
Welcome to MILKRUN. A magical world, that’s really an app, where you can get groceries and alcohol delivered to your door in minutes by our super-friendly Riders on environmentally-friendly e-bikes.
We’re talking local, farm fresh produce, thousands of household essentials and all your favourite alcoholic beverages delivered faster than you can find your car keys.
This means you don’t have to spend your precious time in the supermarket.
Plus, we’re proudly not a part of the gig economy, so every Milko gets benefits like holiday pay, insurance and Super.
Just download the MILKRUN app to experience the magic for yourself.
As a MILKRUN Area Manager, you will love seeing your people grow! You will bring an inspirational leadership style coupled with attention to detail, diving into area results to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
As an Area Manager, you’ll deliver the MILKRUN strategy by coaching and motivating a team of Hub store managers spanning multi-sites. You will be an integral part of implementing MILKRUN’S operational plans within the State and Area to guide & ensure delivery of the overall business strategy while identifying and developing talent to build a pipeline for the future.
What you'll do
- Leading, coaching and inspiring your team of hub managers to deliver the MILKRUN vision of creating the ultimate customer experience.
- Communicating clear direction, strategy, goals, and expectations and developing an inclusive, positive team culture.
- Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to enhance customer experiences and looking for ways to do things simpler for your teams.
- Role modelling working horizontally as an Area Manager, sharing learnings, solving business problems and best practices to improve team and customer experiences.
- P&L responsibility and SOP implementation and adherence across your dedicated network.
- Weekly reporting cadence ensuring KPIs and metrics are measured and managed effectively.
What you'll bring
- Great Leadership .
- Proven operational success across multiple sites varying in size, format and performance.
- A deep understanding of store operations and retail.
- Strong financial acumen and drive to meet and exceed commercial targets.
- Customer-obsessed and continually seek to better understand our diverse customers
- Passion and transformational leadership abilities
- Big picture thinking and innovation
- Customer and team-focused approach
- An ability to guide, develop and inspire your team through change.
- Flexibility to travel as required in the role
How we work
MILKRUN leaders know what goes into building something magical. Our experience scaling teams at Koala, Deliveroo, Dollar Shave Club, Canva, Amazon, THE ICONIC, SafetyCulture, and Shippit taught us a few valuable lessons.
For starters, people do their best work when they are trusted to make decisions and supported when they make a mistake. We know creating an environment of authenticity and safety means teams focus more on solving meaningful problems and less on masking who they are. We know when you give people ownership and throw equity in the mix you create a flurry of motivation and high-performance. We know first hand how easy it can be to burn out when you’re in the build phase. Mental health and sustainable growth are a daily conversation.
Things happen quickly at MILKRUN. Our pace of working is reflective of our promise to make super speedy deliveries to our customers. Our growth plans are scary big, in a good way. Our investors have some of the deepest pockets in Australia. Want to build something from the ground up with us?