Robotics Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is an intelligent manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
As a Robotics Software Engineering, you’ll have an opportunity to work as part of a team that designs, develops, and operates robotic systems that enable the next generation of manufacturing automation. You'll work with other engineers to implement the latest modern robotics methods on various industry platforms. You will be working with other team members to define requirements and put together industrial robotic systems. You will also contribute to integrating tooling and sensors (ATI, Keyence, etc.) and develop closed-loop control software to optimize process parameters in real time. A high degree of autonomy, ownership, and willingness to learn is required.
- Operate robots using your software and enable other team members to efficiently interface with the robots to test and implement new features.
- Implementing trajectory planning and control of robotic end-effectors in real-time software.
- Take part in the software development effort and take charge of the full development lifecycle.
- Identify project priorities, software/hardware requirements, and design constraints with team members across multiple disciplines, and translate those into minimum viable systems.
- Take part in design review meetings and provide feedback to the team.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering fields.
- Proficient in C++ or Python.
- Experience developing real-time software and familiarity with software development design paradigms such as OO, functional, etc.
- Familiar with robot Kinematics and Dynamics.
- Experience with software development lifecycle in a team (code reviews, version control, tests).
Nice to haves
- Experience in Robotic software for Controls, Motion Planning, Simulation, and Sensor Integration.
- Experience in the statistical methods for modeling complex systems (Machine Learning)
- Experience with Robotic Software Frameworks preferably ROS2
- Experience with industrial robots such as Kuka
$120,000 - $160,000 a year