Director of Sales
Montréal, Québec /
MaintainX helps businesses track their reactive maintenance, preventive maintenance, and control the daily operations of their business such as safety inspections, quality inspections, and operating checklists – all with a digital audit trail.
MaintainX is looking for a proven Director of Sales to lead our Small and Mid-market Business segments. As a key member of the sales management team, the Director of Sales will report directly to the VP of Sales with a primary responsibility to drive net new recurring revenue through a world-class end-to-end sales process. The ideal candidate will need to be fast, adaptable, and a self-starter. Additionally, you will need to be a motivated hands-on team leader with the right experience to hit the ground running while being able to prioritize efforts in order to generate maximum impact.
- Take ownership of sales outcomes including results, recruiting, staff turnover/attrition, and pipeline/forecasting integrity
- A roll up your sleeves approach including playing a hands-on role in helping team members sell, negotiate and close deals
- Manage and coach a results-oriented team that achieves team and company goals
- Apply a deep understanding of prospects, customers, partners and our overall market to define, develop, and deliver a sales strategy in line with the company’s goals
- Establish various activity metrics (calls, email, demos, etc) to ensure performance
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships with other team members to enhance support for sales efforts
- Continuous evaluation of team structure and process to ensure the organization effectively evolves alongside the corporate and product strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional team to drive lead generation and communication of a compelling value proposition to customers and channel partners
- Develop a high performing sales culture focused on learning, development and collaboration that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse group of employees
- 10+ years experience in SaaS sales
- 3+ years in sales leadership (either at Senior Manager or Director level)
- Demonstrated success meeting/exceeding sales quotas and targets
- Ability to execute in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Experience with all stages of the sales cycle, from demand generation to closing
- Proven ability to identify, hire, onboard and retain top-level sales talent
- Analytical skills and data-orientation in decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to internal sales systems, specifically CRM, to drive visibility and accountability across the organization
- Experience working with small and medium accounts across multiple industries and multiple geographies with a strong value selling mindset
- Strong operational focus with tracking of weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI’s
- Exceptional training, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
We've raised $54M in funding since our foundation in 2018 and we have recently announced our Series B led by Bessemer Venture Partners alongside August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures and Vulcan Capital.
Opportunities like this do not come around often. If you are a hungry up-and-comer looking for a rare career opportunity that could change your life, we might have a role for you. If you feel like you could be a good fit for the role, please reach out!