Outbound Sales Development Representative
Montréal, Québec /
Hey you! My name’s Gabrielle and I’m the Sales Development Manager. We’re a funny, young, dynamic team with a meme wall at the office :)
Read below to learn more about this role and I hope to hear from you soon!
Opportunities like this do not come around often. If you’re a hungry up-and-comer looking for a rare career opportunity that could change your life, this is the role for you.
In many ways, this is the most vital role in the entire company right now as this team will be the reason we 5x again this year.
This individual will be responsible for prospecting and generating new pipeline opportunities for our quota-carrying Account Executives.
BDRs identify companies that are a perfect fit for our solution and reach out in order to discuss potential business challenges we can help them solve. Once the prospect is curious enough to want to dig deeper, our BDRs schedule qualified meetings for our AEs.
With world-class resources and tools at your disposal, you will be expected to become fanatical about your outreach mechanism and ensure your high-volume activities result in new sales opportunities.
We expect the right candidate to be someone who thinks outside the box, thrives under pressure, and is laser-focused on meeting targets every single month.
If you’re hungry to succeed in sales with a product our customers absolutely love, we’d love to hear from you!
- Eager Prospector: Execute outbound prospecting campaigns via LinkedIn, text, video, email, and cold call to identify new opportunities
- Product Specialist - Your role is to be highly knowledgeable about our product and how it solves our customers’ biggest problems
- Conversion Expert – Ability to identify customer gaps and challenges, convey information clearly to help arouse curiosity and create a sense of urgency to meet with an Account Executive to discuss MaintainX further
- Activity – This is a high-activity position and involves a lot of cold calling. You must be comfortable on the phone and not afraid to make 100+ calls per day in addition to managing system-generated emails, text messages, and other mechanisms of outreach.
- Organize – Because this is a high-volume role, staying organized is key. You will need to manage follow-up tasks, understand prioritizations, and juggle calendars.
- Systems – We’re a tech company, so we provide you with great technology to do your job. You will become a master of using systems like Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, and others.
- Getting Better Every Day – You will be provided great onboarding and training support. After this initial period, you should be open to continued coaching and constructive criticism.
- Thought Leadership – It’s important for you to understand and to form a passion for our industry. We expect you to learn at every opportunity.
Requirements and Must Haves to be happy and successful here:
- Not be afraid to pick up the phone to generate new revenue opportunities (We’ll coach you until you master the skill if you don’t already have)
- A desire to understand the world of manufacturing and how MaintainX helps frontline industrial workers
- Comfortable moving fast, multi-tasking, and keeping the energy high.
- Articulate and polished in presentation. Outstanding verbal and written communication ability.
- Insanely detail-oriented and organized.
- A positive, passionate, creative, smart, high-character personality.
- BA degree or higher.
Nice to have but not necessary:
- Cold calling experience
- Experience with modern sales tech stacks: Salesforce, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, etc.
- Experience with startups and entrepreneurial organizations.
- Experience working in CMMS or facility operations software.
- Documented success in working in a remote setting.
What will your future team look like?
- You will be joining a team of 8 highly motivated individuals extremely passionate about sales who love to learn something new every day.
- You will be reporting directly to our SDR Manager, Gabrielle Jacques.
- We are actively hiring until we reach a team of 18 individuals. So joining now means you will be a founding member of this team and see it triple first hand.
MaintainX helps businesses track their reactive maintenance and preventive maintenance and control the daily operations of their business, such as safety inspections, quality inspections, and operating checklists–all with a digital audit trail.
The company has raised $54M in funding and we have recently announced our Series B led by Bessemer Venture Partners alongside August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures, and Vulcan Capital.
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.