Mobile Application Developer
Montréal, Québec /
MaintainX is the world leading mobile-first workflow management platform for industrial and frontline workers. We are building the GitHub for real world workflows such as maintenance, safety and operations and improving operational efficiency for 2,000+ businesses including Univar, Quikrete, ABInBev, Duracell, Marriott and McDonald's.
We've raised $54 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Bessemer Ventures, August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures as well as the founders of UiPath and Thumbtack.
We are looking for a Mobile Application Developer with experience developing native applications on both of the major platforms: iOS and Android. Our native application's main codebase uses react-native but we are looking for someone who can bring their native experience to the table to drive integration with more native functionalities.
- Lead, support, and collaborate in planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant code.
- Understand the scope, project goals, and requirements and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and time estimation.
- Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and road-mapping, contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Bring a perspective to the team that blends design sensibilities with the practicalities of web and mobile engineering.
- Collaborate in strategic planning of web and mobile apps, apps assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a development perspective.
- Test, refactor and optimize code to achieve the best performance.
- Strive for flawless and bug-free deliverables by making quality assurance a top priority.
- Follow industry best practices, and coding standards developed by MaintainX and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing.
- Understand our customers' business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their industries.
- Experience in native mobile development for iOS and Android, more specifically with Objective-C, Swift, Java, and Kotlin.
- Experience with CocoaPods and Gradle.
- Experience with XCode and Android Studio.
- Experience in mobile-first responsive and adaptive development working within team dynamic, delivering pixel-perfect mobile design and experiences.
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for mobile/tablet products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences.
- Degree or diploma in mobile development, computer science, or related field preferred but not required.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
Extra consideration for candidates with the following:
- Experience with Git
- Experience with mobile performance profiling tools
- Experience developing mobile applications for wearables
- Experience with C/C++
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments and learn new concepts and software
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player, exhibiting exceptional relationship management skills
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
MaintainX is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.