Senior Software Developer
Montréal, Québec /
MaintainX is the world leading mobile-first workflow management platform for industrial and frontline workers. We are building the GitHub for real world workflows such as maintenance, safety and operations and improving operational efficiency for 2,000+ businesses including Univar, Quikrete, ABInBev, Duracell, Marriott and McDonald's.
We've raised $54 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Bessemer Ventures, August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures as well as the founders of UiPath and Thumbtack.
We are looking for a Senior-Level Full-Stack Software Developer with a flair for innovation and improving business processes to join our team.
- Lead, support, and collaborate in the planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant code.
- Participate in the establishment and improvement of processes, practices, and tooling to help increase the velocity and well-being of the Engineering team.
- Understand the scope, project goals, and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovation, and time estimation.
- Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and road-mapping, contributing perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Bring perspective to the team that blends design sensibilities with the practicalities of web and mobile engineering.
- Collaborate in strategic planning of web and mobile apps, assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a development perspective.
- Test, refactor, and optimize code to achieve the best performance, and strive for flawless and bug-free deliverables by making quality assurance a top priority.
- Follow industry best practices and coding standards developed by MaintainX, and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing.
- Understand customers’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their industries.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in web development, more specifically with TypeScript, SQL databases, React, and NodeJS.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
- Experience in mobile-first responsive and adaptive web development working within team dynamic, delivering pixel-perfect front-end design
- Comfortable with Git
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments and learn new concepts and software
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for web and mobile/tablet
- Experience developing products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player exhibiting exceptional relationship management skills
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation
- Professional and transparent
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Extra consideration for candidates with the following:
- A degree or diploma in web development, computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.) and service deployment
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
MaintainX is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.