Montréal, Québec /
MaintainX is the world leading mobile-first workflow management platform for industrial and frontline workers. We are building the GitHub for real world workflows such as maintenance, safety and operations and improving operational efficiency for 4,000+ businesses including Univar, Quikrete, ABInBev, Duracell, Marriott and McDonald's.
We've raised $54 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Bessemer Ventures, August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures as well as the founders of UiPath and Thumbtack.
We are looking for a Technical Writer with a flair for innovation and improving business processes to join our team.
- Lead, support, and collaborate in the planning, writing, reviewing and publishing of solid, structured, and relevant content.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Participate in the establishment and improvement of processes & practices to help increase the velocity and well-being of the technical writing team.
- Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and road-mapping, contributing perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Bring perspective to the team that blends product and technology sensibilities with the practicalities of content writing.
- Collaborate in strategic planning of new content, assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a writing perspective.
- Strive for flawless and mistake-free content by making quality assurance a top priority.
- Follow industry best practices and writing standards developed by MaintainX, and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing.
- Understand customers’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their industries.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Development, Engineering, Quality Analysis, Product Management, Product Marketing and Customer Enablement
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- At least 3 years of professional experience writing about technology
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to translate outlines into elegant articles
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of content writing best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments and learn new concepts and software
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for web and mobile/tablet
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player exhibiting exceptional relationship management skills
- Passionate about writing high-quality content that will be engaging to readers
- Professional and transparent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally
Extra consideration for candidates with the following
- A degree or diploma in web development, computer science, or a related field
- A degree or diploma in data science, or a related field
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing data visualizations
- Experience with localization workflows
- Experience with Markdown and documentation workflows
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
MaintainX is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.