Head of Data (Remote)
United States /
Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. Stay up to date on all of our hottest drops and collaborations at MakersPlace on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
As the Head of Data at MakersPlace, you’ll help build and deliver the foundation of our data technology. You’ll have an opportunity to build a team from the ground up, all while shaping the future of how we collect, transform, and understand data from both our creator and collector communities. Being a thought partner for different teams across the organization, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to see how your insights directly impact the lives of our digital creators and collectors around the world.
- Lead our data science team.
- Own our big data analytics pipelines.
- Impact our product with data backed products and data informed features.
- Grow and lead a team of data scientists and data engineers.
- Partner with our business analytics team to support our marketing, finance and product teams with insights and analysis.
- Drive innovation at MakersPlace with data driven products and features.
- At least 5 years of experience managing, coaching, and growing dynamic data teams.
- A track record of successfully delivering data driven products.
- Experience with the full ML lifecycle of development, exploration, hypothesis testing, training, productizing, deployment.
- Successful experience partnering with business, marketing or product teams.
- Experience with athena and/or kinesis.
- Familiarity with the blockchain concepts.
- A passion for art and the creative community!
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off / month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.