Accounting Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. Stay up to date on all of our hottest drops and collaborations at MakersPlace on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will own and operate the accounting operations and monthly close process for MakersPlace. In addition to owning a critical piece of the organization's day to day financial operations, you will also lead various projects/initiatives that will help drive the scalability of the business. We are looking for a true owner with the potential to grow as a leader and help build a best in class finance organization.
- Own and lead all accounting operations including payroll, reimbursements, AR, AP, etc. monthly financial close and cash management processes.
- Partner with our 3rd party accounting team (PILOT) to ensure timely execution of our monthly financial close and cash management processes.
- Review journal entries and monthly account reconciliations for necessary accounts.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gain business insights and build accounting processes to support all existing and new business expansion initiatives.
- Drive business process improvements and automation, bringing best practices to accounting operations in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate tax reporting.
- Support external audit requirements as necessary.
- BA/BS and 7+ years of progressive accounting experience. CPA and management experience a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting tools such as Quickbooks or Netsuite.
- Strong Excel skills, comfortable with extremely large data set volumes.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principles and credit card operations.
- Detailed-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to project manage.
- Success in a fast paced and constantly changing environment is a plus.
- Ability to read and write SQL queries is a big plus.
- Experience working in NFT, Blockchain or Crypto spaces.
- Deep passion for empowering artists!
Benefits & Perks:
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off / month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our creative community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.