DevOps Engineering Manager (Remote)
United States /
Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. Stay up to date on all of our hottest drops and collaborations at MakersPlace on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
As our first DevOps Manager, you will be a key figure in the ongoing development and deployment of our web marketplace and blockchain infrastructure.
- Grow and lead a team of DevOps engineers .
- Own our uptime, latency, and SLA metrics.
- Partner with our Customer Support team to resolve critical issues impacting our creators and collectors.
- Work directly with the product and engineering teams to support new product launches.
- Manage our AWS infrastructure and automation.
- Experience building and supporting performant and reliable services running in AWS.
- Deep knowledge and experience with deploying and maintaining distributed systems in AWS.
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing networks and infrastructure.
- Experience monitoring and resolving infrastructure performance and security issues.
- At least 2 years of experience managing and coaching high performing teams.
- Experience working with the Ethereum blockchain, protocols, and L2 solutions.
- A passion for supporting artists!
Benefits & Perks:
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off / month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our creative community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.