Business Development Manager, Sports (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development /
Founded in 2018, MakersPlace is a curated online marketplace that allows artists to create and sell unique digital creations (NFTs) using blockchain technology (digital art marketplace). We offer a platform aimed at empowering digital creators to create and sell their unique pieces, while providing verifiable proof of authenticity, ownership, and scarcity on the blockchain. We successfully closed a Series A fundraising in August 2021, with backing by wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Jr. as well as Bessemer Ventures. Recently we have had major Drops with Patrick Mahomes, Manchester City, Zlatan Ibrahimović and many more.
About the Position
We’re looking for a seasoned Business Development professional to help us accelerate the success we have achieved as the leading NFT marketplace. As key stakeholder in the Sports vertical, you will play a critical role in developing and executing new project opportunities surfaced from your network across the Entertainment industry. If you’re excited to work at a company that is at the forefront of new technologies that is building and shaping the future of digital art marketplaces while empowering creators and collectors, we would love to meet you.
- Develop and establish partnerships in connection with potential NFT content partners in the Sports Industry
- Review and analyze market trends of NFT and content industry
- Design and propose NFT projects while negotiating commercial terms with content partners
- Coordinate activities and communicate with external partners
- Support and manage documentation requests from senior management and ensure the timely execution and proper filing of documents
- Cooperate with cross functional teams (legal, compliance, finance) in order to complete high-level assignments
- Ensure a successful and smooth execution of each partnership with the optimal pricing strategy
- Contribute to other business development and strategic initiatives as they arise
- 5+ years of Business Development/ Partnership experience in the Sports Industry
- Proven ability in business development and strategic partnership to structure creative deals, and drive revenue in the digital world
- Goal oriented, driven and strategic mindset with strong documentation and writing skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives
- Are comfortable leading both large and small deals with significant autonomy
- A major plus if you have experience and/or is passionate in e-commerce, the blockchain and NFTs.
Benefits and Perks
- Employee Health/Vision/Dental covered 100%
- $500 workstation stipend, with an additional $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Flexible vacation policy + 1 personal day off / month.
- Weekly team sponsored lunches
- $500/Quarter AirBnB stipend— we want you to go out and enjoy life!
- 100% Remote
- …and more!
At MakersPlace, we curate our team as carefully as we do our digital marketplace to ensure the best experience for both our creative community and employees. Our remote-first company was founded by senior engineering leaders from Pinterest, including the first engineer and former head of growth engineering, and is funded by top-tier venture capital funds and angels in Silicon Valley.
MakersPlace is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.