Risk Operations Associate
At the heart of every decision we make at Mamo, whether in our designs, product, software, or relationships, is trust. Every day, we work hard to earn and retain the trust of our employees, our users, our partners, and our regulators. As a young organization, we are in search of someone special who can weave that trust into the fabric of the organization and its processes to be our Risk Operations Associate.
What you will do
- Work closely with the wider risk operations team (the 2nd Line of Defense) and will be responsible for providing effective oversight of our fraud engine (the 1st Line of Defense), as well as conducting and supporting investigations, assurance and thematic reviews and wider initiatives which feed into organizational education and the ongoing improvement of systems, controls and procedures.
- Investigate fraud engine alerts and determine if they are correct or false positives.
- Action confirmed fraud cases based on a standard process/checklist.
- Action disputes from our gateway partners based on a standard process.
- Suggest feedback to Product & Engineering teams to reduce false positives.
- Check anomalies in user activities to reduce false negatives from our fraud engine.
- Check user files, including KYC, and put on an “investigative hat” during investigations.
- Review documents during customer onboarding to ensure we don’t onboard fraudulent users.
- Update internal company documentation with new insights gained on fighting fraud.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across Mamo to ensure appropriate systems, controls and procedures are in place (and effective) to prevent, detect, respond and remediate issues pertinent to Internal Fraud Risk.
What we’re looking for
- Resourcefulness - get things done attitude
- Investigative and curious nature
- Experience with finance / payments a plus
- Ability to use multiple tools (technology) creatively during investigations to reach correct conclusions on fraud cases
- Solid understanding of technology, including data & analytics
- Previous experience in a similar operational role
- Ability to communicate technical matters effectively with senior leaders and business
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
As part of the team, you’ll need to see things from the customer’s point of view and work with the team to optimize the user journey every day.
The questions in the next section will help you better understand how to assess the user journey and will give you a realistic sense of this role’s day-to-day tasks.
In order to answer the questions below, you’ll need to:
> Download the Mamo Pay app from this link or the App Store/Google Play Store
> Go through the verification process of the Mamo pay app
Side note: The verification process takes ~5 mins and requires your UAE Emirates ID and an official document that proves your UAE address (ex: utility bill).
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo is a bold and inclusive Fintech created by ex-Googlers to help people live their life to the fullest. Mamo's flagship solution is Mamo Pay, a fast, secure, human-centered platform created to simplify everyday personal and business payments. With trust, traceability, and transparency at the top of its agenda, Mamo aims to accelerate the MENA region towards digital payments and champion financial inclusion and literacy across economically diverse communities. By empowering people with simpler, faster, friendlier financial products. Our vision is to make everyday payments, transfers, and transactions simple while bringing financial independence to every human being.
Learn more about Mamo's vision, mission and values →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →