Podcast Business Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States /
Business Development /
This is a remote role within the Los Angeles area.
Maple Media is an innovative mobile media and technology company that acquires and operates category-leading apps that entertain, empower productivity, and enrich everyday life. We’re proud to boast a diverse portfolio of highly-rated, super-popular apps, (seriously—check out our ratings in the App Store and Google Play), which includes Editor’s Choice and Apple’s App of the Day apps and games like Pic Stitch, Player FM, Dialog, SwiftScan, Stocks+, We Heart It, WeekCal and more.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans from Google and Jam City and based in Los Angeles and Quebec, Maple Media is no run-of-the-mill startup. We’re backed by a $30M investment from Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles-based private equity firm with a rich history of investing in media, entertainment, and communications. With our resources and ambitious, collaborative team, we are positioned for incredible growth and opportunity.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, full benefits, unlimited PTO, flexible hours for better work/life balance, amazing colleagues, and an opportunity to shape our future—and yours.
Maple Media is seeking a dynamic business leader to drive our podcast business. Maple Media’s podcast business includes mobile and web podcast players; Player FM, Podkicker, Breaker Audio and Player FM podcast HUB. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic advertising partnerships with digital advertising agencies and podcast creators. Improve distribution and positioning through partnerships with hosting providers, studios and others in the podcasting industry. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. Job SummaryIdentifies and develops new business opportunities; keeps and grows existing client relationships; offers solutions that help clients achieve their business goals; closes business; meets set sales targets.
• Build and execute go-to-market strategy
• Own the ability to define clear lines of account and agency responsibility, eye for scoping and onboarding strategic revenue endeavors and knack for cross-organizational collaboration
• Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals according to the sales plan through a deep understanding of Maple Media's digital product portfolio and available ad inventory
• Service and drive customer satisfaction for all accounts
• Partner with our operations’ organization to set proper expectations with customers and super-serve their needs
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to maximize advertising revenue, including product marketing, research, account management, and more
• Resource tracking expertise, able to define project commitments and make financial allocations
• Experience performing budgeting, forecasting and reporting and analysis
• Fulfill and execute campaigns Develop sales materials, rate cards and media kit
• Fluent in financials and can articulate the business implications and tradeoffs in decision making.
• 3 years'+ prior experience in a Podcast sales role is a MUST
• Bachelor's degree
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
• Network of agency and client relationships
• Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations
• Must also be knowledgeable and savvy with digital and social platforms
• Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and meeting functions
• Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals
• 5+ years' outside sales experience, preferable with Digital background + Podcast sales experience
• Strong existing network of agency/brand contacts and relationships
• Expertise in the podcast vertical
What we offer:
Hybrid work environment: With a team spanning from Los Angeles to Quebec, and dotted across the globe, we offer remote work options—along with hybrid options for team members who live in the Los Angeles area.
Unlimited PTO: It’s important to take time to recharge. We understand that being relaxed, refreshed, and re-energized has positive effects on our minds and our work.
Health & Wellness Benefits: Health is wealth! We are pleased to offer a full range of benefits to support your physical and mental health, including OneMedical, Talkspace, Teledoc & more.
401(k) with 3.5% match: We are excited to provide a meaningful benefit to help you invest in your future.
Spot bonuses & performance bonuses: It’s simple: we value your work and effort and believe it should be acknowledged and rewarded.
Quarterly wellness & professional growth stipends: Team members can use at their discretion for anything wellness (gym membership, Peloton subscription, etc.) and professional growth-related.
Real-time performance feedback and coaching: We value being lifelong learners. Teammates are given hands-on feedback along with constructive coaching–we are always cheering you on.
Autonomy: Be the owner of your efforts. From day one you will be trusted to tackle your responsibilities independently and with real ownership.
A fun & dynamic team atmosphere: You will be surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable and fun people in the industry! We have weekly & monthly remote and in-person events to help us connect on a personal level outside of work.
What we look for:
Integrity: We aim for excellence in all that we do. We value trust, honesty and transparency across our flat organization.
Diversity: Let’s face it, all great minds don’t think alike. Our unique perspective shapes the diverse portfolio of products we design.
Innovation: We’re in the business of pushing limits and writing new roles for the subscription app economy and we thrive off of big ideas.
Curiosity: We believe that curious minds fuel innovation. We iterate on the way we work–we care more about the why, not the how.
Team oriented mindset: We believe everyone brings their unique gifts and talents to the table to build an amazing, diverse team full of different skill sets. We believe in cheering each other on, being there for help without question and endless encouragement.